City of tapas, architecture and football

Accessibility in Palau Güell

General Information

Similar to many other buildings that are open for tourists in Barcelona, Palau Güell (Güell Palace) is fully accessible for visitors with disabilities. Though a small part of the house is not very wheelchair-friendly (approximately 5%), the remaining 95% are accessible for tourists with wheelchair. There is lift in the palace which allows you to navigate easily between the floors. Moreover, if it is necessary, a narrow wheelchair is provided in the palace in order to move freely in the narrower areas of the building. Besides these, the staff is helpful, visitors who have disability problems can ask them to help without any hesitation.

Information included in the audio guide is transmitted also for people who have hearing disabilities, Moreover, brochures and a map of the building are available also in Braille format. Furthermore, guide dogs can enter the building, and a designated place is dedicated for these dogs where they can eat and drink (for additional information – Accessibility in Barcelona).

In Palau Güell there are special guided tours provided for disabled tourists. It is advisable to speak with the site management of the building in order to find out when these tours are organized (for additional information – Attractions and Tours near Palau Güell).

Public Transportation

The most recommended means of transportation to arrive to the palace is by public bus or the tourist bus. Nearby metro stations Liceu and Drassanes (L3) are both fully accessible, however we still recommend to arrive by bus since the entire system is much more wheelchair-friendly (for additional information – Public Transportation in Barcelona).

Parking spaces designated for people with disabilities are available, reservations are required in advance (for additional information – Car Rental in Barcelona and Car Rental in Spain).


Filter by

Contact Us
Aplicant details (required)

Plan Your Own Vacation