Q: In the next month I will spend some days in Barcelona. I would like to visit several museums in the city and I am wondering if Barcelona Museum Pass will be profitable for me or not? Which museums are included in this card?
A: Barcelona Museum Pass offers entrance to six of Barcelona’s top art museums, all for the meagre price of 30 €. The pass covers both the temporary and the permanent expositions in the included museums (for additional information – Museums in Barcelona).
List of Museums Included in Barcelona Museum Pass
- Museu Picasso is the city’s most popular museum and features a plethora of artwork from the world-famous painter, Pablo Picasso. Most of the painting were created at the beginning of Picasso’s career.
- In Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (National Art Museum of Catalonia) you can see mainly works of Catalan artists but also a unique collection of Romanesque church paintings. Additionally, you can admire several Modernista paintings from the well-known Antoni Gaudí. It is also possible to go to the roof of the museum where you can take a look at Barcelona from a bird’s eye view.
- Fundació Joan Miró showcases Miró’s life and the wonderful contemporary works that he created.
- MACBA (Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art) exhibits contemporary works created by artists from all parts of the world. Besides the fantastic exhibitions, the building of the museum is also quite unique and interesting.
- In CCCB (Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona) you can enjoy a great variety of movies, dance shows and many other activities related to contemporary arts.
- Fundació Antoni Tàpies is dedicated mainly to works of Antoni Tàpies. Nonetheless, other expositions related to contemporary art are organized there too.