Barcelona Pass - Order Now
Barcelona Pass - Order Now
What is Barcelona Pass?
Barcelona is a large city with numerous sightseeing options, therefore if you attempt to visit all the top tourist attractions, it will eventually turn into a quite expensive trip. However, you can still make the most out of the sophisticated Catalan city with a tourist discount pass, which can save you money, time and hassle on various attractions, tours, public transportation and much more.
Barcelona Pass is a city attraction pass and it includes an ample list of benefits, helping you to visit the most exciting places of the city in a convenient and affordable way. It offers free entry to over 20 attractions, museums, tours, various discounts and an optional, unlimited travel card, which can be used for all transport networks in Barcelona (for additional information – Public Transportation in Barcelona).
Advantages and Benefits
Barcelona Pass allows you free access to the city’s most vibrant spots, including museums, tours, monuments and popular tourist landmarks. In addition, it offers an advantageous number of discounts to those who are also interested in visiting restaurants, entertainment venues or shopping centers. What is more, by purchasing the pass, you will get fast-track entry, therefore you are able to skip the queue and enjoy your sightseeing in a convenient way.
Each pass provides you with a free, comprehensive guidebook, which covers useful information about each destination, including a variety of maps and travel tips. In case you might want to start planning your trip in advance, this travel guide can help you do so.
This sightseeing package is an advantageous option for families. Therefore, if you are traveling with your family, it is important to note that every attraction included in the Barcelona Pass offers free access to children under the age of 4, as long as the child is constantly accompanied by an adult who purchased an Adult Pass. The pass also has a special offer for children between 4 – 12 years old, who can enjoy the variety of attractions by using a Child Pass (for additional information – Kids and Families in Barcelona and Barcelona for Free).
|Start planing your next family vacation to Barcelona with the Barcelona Pass – you can save money and enjoy the best vacation all at once.
Moreover, the pass contains an optional travel card that will enable you to travel indefinitely across the city for the duration of your pass by using public transportation, starting from the airport.
Additionally, this city attraction pass comes with a free Money Back Guarantee. This means that you can get a complete refund within 30 days, starting from the day you purchased the pass, in case you might change your travel plans at last minute.
Overall, this investment has the potential to save you a significant amount of money, however it highly depends on the number of attractions you plan to visit.
Barcelona Pass and Public Transportation
By purchasing Barcelona Pass, you will not be able to use Barcelona’s public transportation for free, unless you also order the optional travel card. With the Hola BCN! Travelcard, you get unlimited travel on the entire public transport system for 48 to 72 hours, including in and out of the airport. Specifically, you can use your card on the metro, Montjuïc funicular and city bus, local train, tram and regional train, covering Zone 1.
Therefore, when using public transportation, you will only need the travel card and no additional ticket. The travel card will be activated instantly once it is scanned or verified by the conductor at the first use.
Rather than buying daily tickets, the travel card is a convenient option to save time and money, especially if you plan on using public transportation every day while traveling around the city.
Free Entrance and Skipping the Line
Barcelona Pass offers free admission to over 20 iconic landmarks, including L’Aquarium de Barcelona, Barcelona Zoo, Casa Milà, Casa Batlló, Poble Espanyol, Museu de Cera de Barcelona and MACBA, as well as various sightseeing tours, such as FC Barcelona Museum – The Camp Nou Experience, a 1-day Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour, Best of Barcelona Bike Tour and Barcelona Walking Tours. You can access the complete list of attractions by visiting the following link (for additional information – Attractions and Tours in Barcelona and Barcelona for Free).
In order to save you time while exploring these attractions and tours, the pass provides you with line-jumping privileges at FC Barcelona Museum, L’Aquarium de Barcelona, Poble Espanyol and La Pedrera. Therefore, with the fast-track entry included, you are allowed to skip the queue and enjoy your trip more efficiently, especially during Barcelona’s peak season, when the city is overcrowded with tourists (for additional information – Summer Vacation in Barcelona).
Barcelona Pass includes several discounts and special deals at various significant spots around the city. For example, you can visit Barcelona’s opera house and get a 5% discount on the performance tickets or, if you are interested in the historical part of the city – Palau Moja, which offers you a 10% discount in the Gift Shop and a free drink in their restaurant.
By purchasing this pass, you can also take advantage of the numerous restaurant deals. Consequently, you can enjoy a different but refreshing gastronomic experience by trying out the following restaurants: Bilbao Berria, Citrus Restaurant, Opera Samfaina, Hard Rock Café, La Botiga Restaurant, QuQu Restaurant, Tapa Tapa Restaurant and many more (for additional information – Bars and Restaurants in Barcelona).
Additionally, this pass gives you the opportunity to spend a tremendous evening by celebrating the art of flamenco at Los Tarantos Flamenco Show and taking delight in the Catalonian jazz at Jamboree Jazz Club (Flamenco Shows in Barcelona and Visit Barcelona at Night).
You can also take part in a proper shopping spree by using Barcelona Pass since you have access to a discount at El Corte Inglés, Desigual, Barcelona BCN or L’illa Diagonal Shopping Centre (for additional information – Shopping in Barcelona).
Furthermore, Barcelona Pass includes discounts to a variety of tours, in order to ensure that every visitor will explore the best parts of the city. Mainly, these tours have educational but also entertaining purposes. A few examples of such tours are: Barcelona Segway Tour, Pick a Pictour and Trip Troop Vintage Tours (for additional information – Attractions and Tours in Barcelona).
In order to browse the complete list of discounts, make sure to access this page.
Who is it Recommended for?
Barcelona Pass is recommended for first-time tourists who plan to spend at least 3 days in Barcelona and invest time in visiting most of the landmarks and places that offer free admission or discounts. However, it is important to note that not all the top attractions found in Barcelona, such as Sagrada Familia or Museu Picasso, are included in this pass. Therefore, if you are on a tight schedule and not interested in at least 5 of the attractions included in this pass, it is advised to skip it.
|The inside of Sagrada Familia
Unfortunately, this site, along side with other main landmarks in Barcelona, is not included in the Barcelona Pass. Therefore, it is recommended to check what is included in the Pass before purchasing it.
This pass is also particularly advantageous for families, as the admission to every attraction is free for children under the age of 4 and those between 4 – 12 years old have the possibility to use a Child Pass, which is almost half the price compared to the regular Adult Pass. However, if you are not interested in the vast majority of the attractions and only purchase the pass for these benefits, it will not be a reasonable choice because children are usually able to get free access or a discount at most landmarks (for additional information – Kids and Families in Barcelona and Barcelona for Free).
Barcelona Pass is a good deal for those visitors who want to experience a Barcelona’s vibrant nightlife through flamenco and jazz, and see one of the best performers in an enthusiastic live show (for additional information – Flamenco Shows in Barcelona and Los Tarantos Flamenco Show).
The pass is certainly recommended for tourists who are interested in discovering a part of Antoni Gaudi’s work in Barcelona. It provides access to a few important Gaudi landmarks, such as La Pedrera, Casa Batlló, Gaudi Exhibition Centre, Gaudi Experiencia 4D and Colonia Guell & Gaudi’s Crypt (for additional information – Architecture in Barcelona).
|Casa Batlló – one of Gaudi’s masterpieces, included in the Barcelona Pass
How Do You Get the Pass?
You can only purchase Barcelona Pass online, through the official website. After this, you have two options: have the pass delivered to you before you even reach Barcelona or pick it up at the central collection point once you arrive in the city.
In case you want to order your pass and have it shipped to your home address, you have to pay the additional shipping fees, as well. As of January 2018, the estimated delivery time varies from 4 to 15 days and it depends on the type of delivery chosen: Standard (€9.95), Express USA, Canada & Europe (€24.95) or Express Worldwide (€39.95). In addition, the UK delivery has separate costs and estimated dates, as follows: Standard (€3.95; 6 days) or Express (€9.95; 4 days).
If you choose to personally pick up your pass, you have to print out the voucher received via e-mail once you purchased the ticket, and then visit the Redemption Centre with it. The pass can be collected on the same day you purchased it. You can pick it up every day, from Monday to Sunday, between 9:30 – 21:30, at the following address: Palau Moja, C/ Portaferrissa, 1, 08002, Barcelona.
Your pass will be automatically activated the first time you use it, therefore once you collect your ticket, you can start taking advantage of the many eye-catching exclusive offers.
Validity-time of Barcelona Pass
Barcelona Pass is available as a 2-day or 3-day city attraction card, and it is valid for consecutive calendar days (not hours!) after the first use. This means that if you validate your card during the evening, that will be considered as 1-day. The price difference between the regular packages, travel card included, is approximately €20, therefore the more attractions you choose to visit, the more you will be able to save.
You cannot take advantage of the free admission and discounts included in this pass more than once.
The pass can be pre-ordered at any time, as it is valid for an entire year after the purchase and will only be automatically activated at the first attraction you visit, once scanned.
Tips and Recommendations for Barcelona Pass
- Barcelona Pass is especially recommended for first-time visitors who plan to spend at least 3 days in Barcelona, as well as for Antoni Gaudi admirers, who want to take delight in the architect’s work by visiting the 5 attractions available through this pass (for additional information – Architecture in Barcelona).
- This city attraction pass is also a good deal for families. The admission to every attraction is free for children under the age of 4 and those between 4 – 12 years old have the possibility to use a Child Pass (for additional information – Kids and Families in Barcelona).
- Keep in mind that, in order to get the free admission for children under the age of 4, they will have to be constantly accompanied by an adult who purchased an Adult Pass.
- If you only purchase the pass in order to get the free admission for children, it will not be a convenient choice and it will end up being a waste of money, since children are able to get free access or a discount at most landmarks in Barcelona.
- Even though Barcelona Pass helps you visit a great number of landmarks, it is recommended to review the list of benefits included in this pass before you purchase it, as it does not cover all the popular attractions in the city, such as Sagrada Familia or Museu Picasso.
- Each pass comes with a free guidebook that includes detailed information about the city, maps and travel tips. Therefore, if you want to plan your trip in advance, it is recommended to download it from the official website.
- If you plan on using public transportation while traveling around the city, it is advised to order the optional travel card when you purchase the pass. You will get unlimited travel on all public transport network for 48 to 72 hours, including in and out of the airport (T1 and T2).
- The travel card will be activated instantly once it is scanned or verified by the conductor at the first use and it is non-transferable.
- If you are only interested to purchase Barcelona Pass for the public transportation benefits, it is recommended to buy a discount pass that exclusively covers public transportation instead, to get a better deal.
- Even though the attractions included in the Barcelona Pass might be suitable for disabled tourists, nothing is guaranteed. Because the pass does not provide any special directions in regards to this, it is advised to personally contact each landmark beforehand (for additional information – Accessibility in Barcelona).
- With Barcelona Pass, you can save time and skip the line while visiting FC Barcelona Museum, L’Aquarium de Barcelona, Poble Espanyol and La Pedrera. These line-jumping privileges come in handy especially during Barcelona’s peak season (for additional information – Summer Vacation in Barcelona).
- Barcelona Pass provides you with numerous restaurant deals in the following places: Bilbao Berria, Hard Rock Café, QuQu Restaurant, Tapa Tapa Restaurant and many more; therefore, this pass will be a good deal if you want to experience the Catalan cuisine (for additional information – Bars and Restaurants in Barcelona).
- If you plan to explore the nightlife of Barcelona, this pass provides you access to exquisite flamenco and Catalonian jazz venues, such as Los Tarantos Flamenco Show or Jamboree Jazz Club (Flamenco Shows in Barcelona and Visit Barcelona at Night).
- By using Barcelona Pass, you can enjoy a day of discount shopping at El Corte Inglés, Desigual, Barcelona BCN or L’illa Diagonal Shopping Centre; therefore, if you are an avid shopper, you might find this discount handy (for additional information – Shopping in Barcelona).
- In order for you to discover the best parts of the city, the pass offers discounts to a variety of educational and entertaining tours, including a 1-day Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour, Barcelona Segway Tour and Pick a Pictour (for additional information – Attractions and Tours in Barcelona).
- Barcelona Pass does not provide any offer for a car rental. Therefore, if you plan to rent a car in Barcelona, purchasing this pass will not cover that cost (for additional information – Car Rental in Barcelona and Car Rental in Spain).
- You can only purchase Barcelona Pass online, as a 2-day or 3-day package, and you can either have it delivered to you before your trip or pick it up at the central collection point on your arrival in Barcelona.
- Keep in mind that if you have the pass shipped to your home address, you have to pay the additional shipping fees, as well. The cost depends on the type of delivery chosen, standard or express.
- You can personally pick up the pass on the same day you purchased it by printing out the voucher received via e-mail and then visiting the Redemption Centre with it. It is important to remember that you cannot buy the card at the collection center, therefore you must have the printed voucher with you!
- The price difference between the regular Barcelona Pass packages (2-day, 3-day pass), travel card included, is approximately €20. Therefore, in order to save more, it is advised to purchase the 3-day pass.
- Barcelona Pass will be automatically activated the first time you use it, with no additional action required. Hence, it can also be pre-ordered any time, as it is valid for 12 months.
- Once activated at the first use, the pass is valid for consecutive calendar days – 2 or 3 – (not hours!). This way, it is recommended to start using your card in the morning.
- You cannot take advantage of the benefits included in Barcelona Pass more than once.
- This city attraction pass comes with a free Money Back Guarantee. Therefore, you will get a complete refund within 30 days if you happen to change your travel plans.
- It is recommended to review the special offers provided by Barcelona Pass before purchasing, in case of any changes. You can do so by visiting their website.